SUP HQ Home
Stand up paddle boarding is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. Paddle boarding is easy to learn, doesn’t require a tide, and allows people of all different athletic abilities and in all different geographic locations to take part. Stand up paddle boards can be used for exploring, racing, surfing, fishing, yoga, and much more!
Stand Up Paddle Board Rental
A great way to get familiar with the sport of paddle boarding is to rent a stand up paddle board for the day. Many shops around the country now offer paddle board rental options, usually ranging from $15-$25 for an hour and $80-$100 for a full day. Click on your state below to find stand up paddle board rental near you!
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Buying a Paddle Board
Purchasing a stand up paddle board can be a little daunting. There are several factors to consider when choosing a board:
- Your weight
- What type of water bodies you like to paddle in (ocean vs. rivers, etc.)
- The conditions you prefer (wavy or calm)
- What activities you would like to do with the board (touring, fishing, yoga, etc).
Finding Paddle Board Paddles
Choosing the right paddle is at least as important as finding the right board, if not more so. Once again, there are several factors to consider:
- The paddle should be around 8 inches taller than you stand when barefoot (manufacturer recommendations vary from 6 inches to 10 inches). Adjustable paddles are available, but they are lower quality and are considered a good backup option should you break your primary paddle.
- The material that the paddle is constructed with – is it flexible or rigid, durable or easily breakable, heavy or light?
- Blade size – larger blades will move you further with fewer strokes, but smaller blades are less fatiguing and reduce your risk of overuse injury.
Our guide to finding the right paddle for you is coming soon!
Tower Stand Up Paddle Boards – Find SUP paddles, paddleboard accessories, and the best SUP boards for stand up paddle surfing and flatwater standup paddle boarding at Tower SUP.